THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR - PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
The Anderson House, built in 1860, is located across Main Street from the Tyler House, just north of the creek. The home is in the Greek Revival style in overall forms and facades, but departs from that style in certain details. Most notably, the porticoes are horizontal in emphasis, and design and proportions are not typically those of the Greek Revival style as seen in Texas. The single, carved doors of the Anderson House are generally associated with Victorian architecture. The Anderson House exhibits a single-story ell with a rear porch enclosed in the mid-20th century and a one-room store built of native limestone which fronts on Main Street just north of the main house. The originally detached kitchen of the Tyler House was later joined to the main structure around 1935, and in 1971 a one-story room was added to the north side of the house to expand business space. Compatible materials were used in the addition, although it was designed so that it could be removed.