THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR - PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
On the northern fringes of the town, the Fowler House, built in 1872, denotes Revival symmetry and proportions in the two-story, five-bay front. This facade is marked by double-hung windows with six-over-six lights accented with pedimented hood molds. There is a central entrance surrounded by transom and sidelights. Both the scale and the details of the existing single-story portico with pediment suggest that it is not original. In all probability, the house had an earlier portico where the present one is located.