THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR - PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
Somewhat less elaborate than the Robertson House, but equally dignified, is the Capt. Halley House, built ca. 1860,is built of wood-frame construction with clapboard siding, and has an ell-shaped plan. It exhibits Greek Revival symmetry and proportions in its five-bay fronts which feature double-hung windows with six-over-six lights, and pedimented two-story porticoes supported by square columns. Also typical is the use of simple cornice molding, as well as the presence of a central entrance marked with double doors, transom, and sidelights.