THIS IS A STOP ON THE SALADO NATIONAL LANDMARKS TOUR - PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OF ANY PRIVATE BUSINESS OR RESIDENTS AT THIS LANDMARK.
The Maj. A. J. Rose House was built in 1870. The home is made of wood-frame construction with clapboard siding, and has an ell-shaped plan. It exhibits Greek Revival symmetry and proportions in the five-bay fronts which feature double-hung windows with six-over-six lights, and pedimented two-story porticoes supported by square columns. Also typical is the use of simple cornice molding, as well as the presence of a central entrance marked with double doors, transom, and sidelights.